Sunday, March 16, 2014

Planning is in FULL SWING!

The Planning is in FULL swing!

I am so excited about planning my wedding, that I’ve pretty much finished the big details!

I went to a bridal show on February 19th, and found some SUPER cute ideas to use at our wedding and our reception. Decorating for the wedding and the reception can be hard, because you have to do it so far in advance. When you’re thinking of things and ways you want to decorate you have to just imagine how it’s going to look at your venue.

For me, decorating isn’t hard at all. My mom and sisters are so very creative. I’ve been blessed with the best. All I have to say is, “this is kind of what I want” and they’re on it like hawks. It’s a little amazing.

At this bridal show I mentioned a few paragraphs up, I found some of the neatest ideas to use.

First of all let’s talk the cakes I saw. WOW. My colors are peach and ivory, and some of the cakes I saw were the exact colors. I was so excited! One of the cakes I saw was really interesting. The details on this cake are so exquisite. I’ve never seen one like it. I love the flower at the top, and the design throughout the cake, the only thing I’d change would be the silver to gold. Look how pretty this cake is:



Another interesting thing I saw, was a backdrop for the altar. I am getting married in a church, but I still want somewhat of a backdrop. This lace with lights and different fabrics is perfect! I can’t wait to see what mine turns out to look like. It’ll have to be a good bit bigger, because the stage I’m working with is bigger.

Here it is:


I love the details and all of the fabrics combined, with all of the lights and greenery. It's so exciting!!

Although my wedding is still 8 months away, it’s GREAT to be planning this far in advance, this way I can see what will work and what won’t work!

I can’t wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment