Sunday, March 16, 2014

Should You Get Married In A Church??

Of course we all know by now that I’m in the middle of planning my wedding. The question of whether or not I would get married in a church was brought up several times after becoming engaged.

Now, if you know me, you know that I am very involved in church, and getting married in a church is special to me.

Well after we got engaged, I played with the idea of getting married at some different places. I found an article on the Huffington Post that said “10 Signs You Should Not Be Getting Married In A Church,” well this article was clearly someone else’s opinion, but it had some truth to it.

Now, I’m not one to spark a fire where there’s not one, but with this, I may have to.

What’s the point in getting married in a church if you want to “take Jesus out of the ceremony?” I mean, maybe you just like the building, but taking Jesus out of the ceremony, is like taking the meaning out of marriage.

One of the other points was “you and your partner have never talked about religion and don’t see yourself talking about it,” HELLO, if you haven’t even talked about religion in the slightest, then why on earth are you just assuming your spouse is wanting to be married in a church.

To me, the whole meaning behind getting married in a church is because that it God’s temple. Uniting as one, you are becoming one in the union of marriage in front of God.

The bible talks about how marriage is created from God and meant to be between one man and one woman forever. If you can’t even talk about religion in your courtship, then you have no idea who you’re really marrying.

You’re probably not marrying them for the right reasons either.


It was a very interesting read, and it made me realize why I’m getting married, but also why I’m getting married in a church.



No comments:

Post a Comment